About Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, M.P.
At Jagran Lakecity University, we are committed to provide our students a holistic environment that promotes self-awareness and competency. Founded on life-enriching values, we are a completely government recognized and approved state private university under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956, Government of India. Recognized as Global League Institute in 2015 & 2016 by the Great Place to Study Research Institute and ranked AAA+ by Career 360 in 2023, the university has become a vital part of Central India in a short span of 10 years. JLU is a practice-based University, which carries forward the legacy of Jagran Social Welfare Society in being a pioneer in provision of quality education. The courses on offer through various Schools embody the University’s longstanding commitment to leadership and innovation in higher education. The curriculum for individual course is designed through a perfect blend of inputs from renowned academicians and industry leaders who are a part of our academic advisory board. The academics at JLU are of the highest global calibre and are committed to excellence in teaching and learning.
About III AUAP-JLU International Moot Court Competition, 2024
The III AUAP-JLU International Moot Court Competition, 2024, which is the VIII Edition of the JLU Moot Court Competition, is set to be organized by the Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University from the 23rd – 25th February 2024. The Moot Proposition of the Competition is based on Arbitration Law, specifically on the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in India.
This Competition serves as a platform for collaborative learning and offers participants an exceptional opportunity to showcase their legal acumen, enhance their advocacy skills, and gain priceless experience in presenting persuasive and compelling legal arguments. Legal luminaries from across the world will preside over the Competition as judges for the Preliminary, Quarter-Final, Semi-Final, and Grand Final rounds in order to accentuate the best out of the participating teams. This time, a Grand Prize Pool of INR 2,10,000 has been set forth for various categories of Awards at the III AUAP-JLU International Moot Court Competition, 2024.
The Competition shall be held in offline mode, at the campus of Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on a regular basis in an Undergraduate/Postgraduate law course or its equivalent conducted by any recognized institution. A recognized institution shall be entitled to send only one team to the competition, whether from the Undergraduate or Postgraduate law course or a mixed team.
- Best Team: INR 1,00,000
- Runner-up Team: INR 50,000
- Best Memorial: INR 15,000
- Best Speaker Male and Female: INR 15,000 each
- Best Researcher: INR 15,000
- Provisional Registration Deadline: 13th January, 2024
- Teams submitting soft copies of memorials any time after February 16, 2024 will be subject to immediate disqualification.
- Further, each team has to submit 6 hard copies of their written submissions from each side, totalling to a total of 12 copies, by February 19, 2024
- INR 6500 (inclusive of accommodation)
- (The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstance.)
- For the registration process, all participants are mandated to upload a screenshot confirming the payment made via the Google form provided above.
Teams shall register by filling out the following forms:
- PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION FORM is here.
- FINAL REGISTRATION FORM is here.
- TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION FORM is here.
- Mr. Omkareshwar Pathak, Assistant Professor, Faculty Convenor, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University Contact: +91-7223004927
- Ms. Srishti Khairwar (V Year, B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)) Student Convenor, Moot Court Committee, Faculty of Law, Jagran Lakecity University Contact: +91-8319854185
- Ms. Nishtha Thaker, Student Co-Convener, Moot Court Committee, Jagran Lakecity University, B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), 4th Year, +91 – 7970040264