About Dr. R.K.B. Law College
The Rohini Kanta Barua Law College was established in the year 1976 as an outcome of a public meeting of the citizens of Dibrugarh held on 20/06/1976 with Shri Pramod Kumar Das, B.L. in the chair as ‘Dibrugarh Law College’ with the objective ‘to create a new avenue at Dibrugarh for imparting legal education’. The College is situated in the heart of Dibrugarh town and is permanently affiliated to Dibrugarh University and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
About the Competition
Named in honour of the distinguished luminary, Dr. Rohini Kanta Barua, this moot court competition serves as a tribute to his contributions to the field of academics and education. Dr. Barua’s legacy of intellectual rigour, commitment to social development, and unwavering dedication to education inspires the essence of this event.
- The Competition is open to all students enrolled, bonafide on a regular basis on an undergraduate/Postgraduate law course or its equivalent conducted by any institution affiliated by the Bar Council of India.
- Each recognized institution shall be entitled to send a minimum of one team and a maximum of two teams.
- Each participating member shall have an identity card or a bonafide certificate issued from a competent authority of the respective institution and shall upload the same in the Registration form for verification.
- Each team for the Competition shall comprise of three members including two Speakers and one Researcher.
- The teams are not allowed to change the composition after registration.
- Provided the researcher can become a Speaker in case of any unforeseen situation subject to a showcase of due reasons and approval of the same from the Organizing Committee.
- For any changes in the contact details of the teams, the teams shall themselves be responsible for communicating such changes to the Organizing Committee through email with immediate effect.
Structure of the Competition
The Competition shall take place in two phases where in the first phase Preliminary and Quarter Final Rounds will be held online and in the second phase Semi Finals and Final will be held offline at the College Campus.
Note: All interested participants are recommended to read the Brochure carefully before registration.
- The team winning the Competition shall be awarded with a cheque of INR: 50,000 (Fifty Thousand Rupees), 6 Months Subscription of EBC Reader for all the three members, along with a Trophy and Certificates.
- The 1st Runners-up team shall be awarded with a cheque of INR: 30,000 (Thirty Thousand Rupees), 6 Months Subscription of EBC Online for all three members along with a Trophy and Certificates.
- The Second Runners-up Team shall be awarded with a cheque of INR: 10,000 (Ten Thousand Rupees) and certificates.
- A consolation award may be provided to the Third Runners-up Team depending on a number of teams participating in the Competition.
- The Best Mooter, Best Memorial, and the Best Researcher each shall be awarded with a cheque of INR: 5,000 (Five Thousand Rupees) along with Certificates.
- All the participants shall be provided with an E-Certificate of Participation.
- Last Date for Registration: February 15, 2024
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials & Compendium: February 27, 2024
- Researcher Test: February 29, 2024
- Preliminary Rounds (Online): March 1 – 3, 2024
- Quarter Final Rounds (Online): March 4, 2024
- Semi-Finals & Final Rounds & Award Ceremony (Offline): March 19, 2024
- Each team shall pay an amount of INR 2,100 (Two Thousand one Hundred Rupees) as registration fees for the Competition.
- The fee paid shall be non-refundable once paid.
The payment shall be made only to the account, details of which are provided as below:
- Bank Name: Central Bank of India
- Account No: 3750961729
- Name: Dr Rohini Kanta Barua Law College
- IFSC: CBIN0283205
- Each team shall register through the Google Form by clicking the Registration Link on or before February 15, 2024.
- Each team shall upload the payment receipt of the registration fees.
- Each member from each team shall upload their respective institutional identity cards or bonafide certificates issued by the competent authority of their institution.
For any clarification under rule 2.3. or for any other queries kindly email email@example.com or contact Dr Jayanta Boruah; Phone: 8876991662.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0373 2322029