The Centre for Panchayati Raj and Women Empowerment (CPRWE) at the National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi, invites submissions for an International Seminar to be organised on ‘Her Seat at the Table: Unveiling the Women’s Reservation Act’.
About NUSRL, Ranchi
National University of Study and Research in Law, established in 2010 through state legislation, embodies the foresight of constitutional framers who envisioned the law as a catalyst for comprehensive national development. Our commitment is towards holistic personality development and intends to create an academia of first-rate that will endeavor to transform human lives. The University has subsequently been recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) u/s 22 of the UGC Act of 1956 and also approved U/s 12B by UGC and by Bar Council of India. The university is ranked 24th in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
NUSRL, since its inception, is striving to develop legal professional proficiency amongst its students, who shall be competent to handle the requirements of the changing needs of Bar & Bench as well as the economy. The university has been honored for its participation in numerous national and international moots, alongside organizing several seminars such as Empowering Financial Literacy seminar and Faculty Development Program on “Legal Research Methodology”. The University has catered not only to the field of legal education but also strives to enhance legal awareness to the common masses residing in various pockets of Jharkhand so that the University can take part in developing the socio-economic standard of Jharkhand. In recognition of its exemplary leadership and unwavering dedication to cultivating green education spaces and advancing sustainable teaching-learning practices, NUSRL was awarded the COP 28 Green University Award 2023. We have also been bestowed and recognized as one of the Top 12 Universities to receive the 3rd Legal Aid Award 2023 at the International Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice. Many NUSRL alumni have cleared Judicial exams of various states.
About the Centre
The Centre for Panchayati Raj and Women Empowerment (CPRWE) is dedicated to fortifying local governance and empowering women in rural settings. With a vision centered on grassroots legal empowerment, the centre endeavors to advance Panchayati Raj principles and address the legal gender gap, acknowledging and enhancing women’s rights.
Objectives of the Centre
1. In-depth research on Panchayati Raj and women’s role in rural development.
2. Offering comprehensive training programs, workshops, and seminars.
3. Collaboration with local panchayats, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
4. Stimulating community involvement in decision-making processes.
5. Conducting awareness campaigns and gender sensitization programs.
6. Fortifying more robust and inclusive rural governance through research, education and community engagement.
About the International Seminar
The Centre for Panchayati Raj and Women Empowerment (CPRWE) at the National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi, is planning to conduct an International Seminar “Her Seat at the Table: Unveiling the Women’s Reservation Act“ on 10th May 2024 to 11th May 2024. It shall consist of two stages-
· Call for papers for the book of the Centre
· Paper Presentation by selected participants.
· Last date of Registration and Abstract submission- 25th February, 2024
· Declaration of selected abstract (Stage-1)- 27th February, 2024
· Last date for paper submission- 30th March, 2024
· Paper Presentation by the selected top participants (Stage 2) – 10th May, 2024
· Seminar / Resource person speech / Result announcement- 11th May, 2024
Sub-themes for Paper Submission
The paper should align with the focus of the seminar, which is the Women Reservation Act, 2023. It’s crucial that the paper is contemporary, based on concurrent debates in the realms of Constitutional Law, Gender Law, etc. and offers a unique perspective on these issues. However, the papers that merely summarizes any caselaw or discuss basic aspects of Reservation for women in India shall not be preferred; authors are strongly encouraged to enrich the existing literature by presenting original viewpoints, ideas, and opinions in their paper. Indicative themes include but are not limited to:
1. The Evolution of Women’s Political Rights Through History,
2. Successful strategies for Challenges Faced by Women in Political Leadership Positions
3. Policy Initiatives Promoting Work-Life Balance for Women in Politics
4. Media’s Role in Shaping Perceptions of Women in Politics
5. The Role of Education in Bridging the Gender Gap in Political Leadership
6. Promoting Civic Engagement Among Young Women
7. Gender Equality: Reservation for women in local governance.
8. Women reservation in politics: a global perspective.
9. Impact of Women Reservation Act on Political Dynamics
10. Leveraging Technology and innovative tools for Women’s Political Empowerment
11. Analysing the Ground Realities of Women’s Reservation in Political Decision-Making (in relation to Pradhan Pati)
12. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Women Reservation Policies in Empowering Marginalized Communities
13. Legal Implications, Constitutional Perspectives, and Jurisprudential Aspects of the Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam, 2023
14. Comparative Analysis: International Models of Women’s Political Reservation and Lessons for India
15. Nexus between Right to Equality and Women Reservation Act
Guidelines for Selection of Papers
1. The submission must be the original work of the author, and it should not be simultaneously under review for publication by any other journal or blog.
2. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any submission with a report of more than 20% shall summarily be rejected.
3. The submission should have a minimum length of 3000 words and should not exceed 7000 words, excluding footnotes and endnotes.
4. Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
5. All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract of 250-300 words, along with no more than 5 keywords.
6. All submissions should adhere to the following formatting requirements:
● Font: Times New Roman
● Font size: 12
● Line spacing: 1.5
● Line alignment: Justified
7. Relevant sources within the paper should be cited as footnotes and Endnotes (excluding speaking footnotes). The formatting should be in Times New Roman, size 10, and single-spaced.
8. Citations must strictly adhere to the Bluebook 20th Edition citation format. It is imperative that all pertinent sources are duly and comprehensively acknowledged in your citations.
9. Each submitted paper will undergo a rigorous two-stage internal review process. Our editors retain complete discretion in approving or rejecting a paper for presentation. To ensure your selection, authors may need to make language and grammar revisions, provide justifications for their legal positions or structure, and respond to feedback from reviewers.
10. Submissions must be exclusively made in MS Word format. It is crucial that the document submitted contains no indication whatsoever of the author’s identity.
11. A separate title page, including details of the author(s) and their institutional affiliations and contact details must also be submitted, along with a declaration of originality and the plagiarism report.
12. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Centre for Panchayati Raj & Women Empowerment shall be considered as final and binding.
Guidelines for Paper Presentation
- Submit the Abstract and Register by 25th February, 2024
- After submission of the selected abstract, the selected authors need to pay the fees (link to pay the fees will be provided individually)
- Successful submission of the manuscript shall be complete only after proper submission format through Google Link.
- The manuscripts shall be evaluated based on the originality, authenticity and quality of the content. Hence the ideas and legal positions requires to be clear and succinct.
- The selected authors shall be notified by 27th February 2024, about the selection and process of paper presentation.
- The paper presentation shall take place offline in National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi on 10th and 11th May, 2024.
- The selected authors shall complete the registration through the link provided to them through email by 30th March, 2024.
- Only the authors who registered through the link by paying proper fee shall be eligible for publication in the journal.
- The fee for UG students shall be Rs. 300 per team (i.e. Rs 300 for each author in case of dual authorship)
- For PG, Diploma students, PhD scholars and Professors the fee shall be Rs 600 per person. (Accommodation fees will be charged separately)
- Account Details for Fee Submission:
Account Name: NUSRL Ranchi
Branch: Kanke Road, Ranchi
Bank Account No.: 50100212797372
Patron In Chief: Prof. (Dr.) Ashok Ramappa Patil
Convenor: Dr. Sangita Laha
Koitoree Nag: 9903870107