The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006).
The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfil the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. The University acquired approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) in July 2006.
About the Conference
The Department of Political Science at RGNUL, is organising the 1st RGNUL Young Scholars Conference (YSC) as an annual flagship event of the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. The 1st YSC will be held in February 2024 on the theme “Emerging Trends in India’s Foreign Policy” with focus on two important regions of the world, West Asia and Africa.
It will be a platform for young scholars to deliberate on issues related to India’s foreign policy in the regions. The conference will foster a vibrant intellectual exchange among young scholars delving into the intricate dynamics of West Asia and Africa, promoting a deeper understanding of their shared historical narratives, diverse cultural expressions, and evolving geopolitical landscapes.
The conference shall start with a Keynote Address on the theme “Emerging Trends in India’s Foreign Policy” with a focus on West Asia and Africa, followed by two technical sessions, with two expert Chairs for each. The themes for the technical sessions would be:
- Challenges and Opportunities for India in West Asia.
- Challenges and Opportunities for India in Africa.
- Historical Narratives
- Revisiting Historical Narratives: Deconstructing Eurocentric Perspectives and Reasserting Indigenous Voices
- Cultural Heritage and Transnational Connections: Migration and Diaspora Engagement
- Leveraging History: Trade Routes and the Connectivity Programs
- Unstable regimes in West Asia and Africa and India’s Approach
- India’s Non-Interference Policy: Navigating the challenges of engagement with unstable regimes while maintaining principled foreign policy
- India’s Contributions to Mediating Conflicts and Fostering Post-Conflict Reconstruction
- Oil Politics
- South-South Cooperation at Multilateral Forums
- Climate Crisis and Sustainable Development
- WTO – TRIPS and Food Security
- G20 and BRICS
- India’s Soft Power Approach in the Regions
- Cultural Diplomacy and Soft Power: Investigating the use of Intangible Heritage and the effectiveness of India’s Media Outreach, Cultural Events, and Public Diplomacy Initiatives in Shaping Perceptions and Attitudes
- India’s Economic Soft Power: Assessing the Impact of India’s Economic Engagement, Development Assistance, and Trade Relations on Soft Power Projection
- India’s Multipolarity: Exploring India’s Soft Power Strategies in the Context of a Shifting Global Order and Emerging Powers
- West Asia and Africa in International Law
- India’s stance on the application and compliance with International Humanitarian Law in armed conflicts in Africa and the Middle East, particularly in context of the Israel-Hamas war.
- Investigating India’s manoeuvring in the legal frameworks governing the exploitation and management of natural resources in Africa and the Middle East, including the rights of indigenous communities and environmental protection.
- Exploring the legal and ethical implications of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, cyber warfare, and drones in Africa and the Middle East.
Students, Research Scholars and Ph.D. Candidates from higher education institutions and research think tanks, pursuing studies in the domains of Political Science, International Relations, International Political Economy, International Law and the like. Applicants must be actively engaged in research on the West Asia or Africa regions.
- Last date for Submission of abstracts: 10th January 2024
- Announcement of shortlisted abstracts: 15th January 2024
- Last date of Submission of Papers: 10th February 2024
- Date of Conference: 17th February 2024 (Saturday)
Abstract: The abstract must range between 300 to 500 words, outlining the methodology and the tentative outcomes of the research. The abstract should be on a topic of contemporary interest in the area of India-West Asia or India-Africa Relations.
Full Paper: The word limit for full paper submission is 6000-9000 words. The paper must consist of an Introduction, Research Methodology, Literature Review, Results & Discussion, and Conclusion.
- File must be in Microsoft Word editable format.
- The Citation style to be followed is APA 7th edition.
- Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12, Spacing: 1.5, Alignment: Justified
- Title must be size 14 font and bold.
- In-text citations and endnote referencing is to be followed. Footnoting must be avoided to the extent possible.
- Submission must be an original work of the author and empirical studies would be given preference over doctrinal research.
- A maximum of two authors are allowed per paper.
- A brief bio-note (maximum 150 words) should be attached to the abstract, detailing the designation and institutional affiliation of the author(s).
- The abstracts will be double-blind reviewed before acceptance for presentation, subject to submission of full paper in a timely manner.
- The selected papers will be invited for presentation at the conference and will be published in the form of an edited volume after plagiarism check and double-blind peer review.
- A self-declaration must be submitted along with the full paper regarding the originality of the work and that it has not been published/sent for publication anywhere else.
How to Submit?
Abstracts and full papers have to be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students: Rs. 1,500/-
- Ph.D. Scholars: Rs. 2,000/-
- Academicians: Rs. 3,000/-
- Fees for co-authors shall be applicable as per the category.
- An email confirming acceptance of the paper for presentation will be sent through email, containing the payment link and last date for making the payment.
- Food and lodging costs shall be covered through the registration fee.
Pranit Singh (+91 93533 25035)
Divisha Gora (+91 82091 87387)