About the Organizer
SRM Institute of Science and Technology is one of the top-ranking universities in India with over 52,000 full-time students and more than 3200 faculty across all the campuses, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in several faculties, including Law.
School of Law, SRMIST, being a citadel of Legal education is known for its state-of-the-art green campus, which emphasizes on quality education of global standards through a unique curriculum and pedagogy duly delivered by highly qualified, experienced and committed faculty members along with a rich information centre with all kinds of resources.
About the Conference
Abstracts are invited from students, research scholars, academicians and other professionals under the theme “Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions”
The main objectives of this program are as follows:
- To analyse and deliberate on the role of arbitration in sustainable development.
- To assess the role of good governance, transparency and justice for sustainable growth and development.
- To analyse the role of government in ensuring accountability and sustainability during times of crisis.
- To critically analyse the position of women and the LGBTQ community in society and provide legal remedies to bridge the gap towards equality.
Themes and Sub-themes
Track 1- Role of Arbitration in Sustainable Development.
- The theme focuses on achieving sustainable development through good governance with special focus on the role
- arbitration can play in ensuring compliance with legal norms and in settling disputes.
- Role of arbitration in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) disputes.
- Role of institutional arbitration in developing good governance.
- International arbitration trends and developments in good governance.
Track 2- Sustainability through Good Governance, Transparency and Justice.
The theme focuses on achieving sustainability through good governance, efficient public institutions, proper management of public resources and guaranteeing human rights by building a society free from abuse and corruption with due regard for the rule of law.
- Public administration and sustainable development.
- Rural development and sustainability.
- Transparency, accountability and good governance.
- New Education Policy and Good Governance.
- Good governance in business.
Track 3- Sustainability through Security: Accountability and engagement during times of crisis
The theme looks at how governments/institutions are able to ensure sustainability by providing security to individuals and communities during times of crisis.
- Human rights issues surrounding the crisis and armed conflicts.
- Applicability of international humanitarian law in communal violence and armed conflicts.
- Applicability and role of special statutes in crisis-affected areas to ensure sustainable development.
Track 4- Sustainability through gender equality
The theme intends to discuss the discrimination existing against women and the LGBTQ community and how sustainable development can be achieved through the inclusion of women and the LGBTQ community.
- Analysis of women’s rights under personal laws.
- The judicial trend in the protection of women’s rights.
- Uniform Civil Code and sustainability.
- Social acceptance of the LGBTQ Community.
- Reservation for LGBTQ Community.
- Judicial trend in protection of LGBTQ Community.
Note: The above-listed sub-themes are just illustrative. The participants are free to identify any topics of relevance to the theme.
Submission and Formatting Guidelines
- An abstract must be submitted and the last date for the same is on 26th October, 2023.
- The abstract shall include non-published data and previously published abstracts will not be allowed.
- The word limit for the abstract is 300-500 words. Once the abstract is selected, it will be communicated to the participant, who will get the opportunity to present their papers at the conference.
- The abstract must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Papers are invited in the above themes and sub-themes from students, research scholars, academicians and other professionals. Co-authorship of up to 2 persons will only be allowed.
- Previously presented abstracts will not be allowed.
- The word limit for abstract is 300-500 words.
- Once the abstract is selected it will be communicated to the participant and selected participants will get an opportunity to present their papers in the conference.
- The word limit for the paper is between 3000-6000 words.
- Selected papers will be considered for publication in reputed journals. Abstract and full paper must be sent to email@example.com
- Students/ research scholars: Rs.750
- Academicians: Rs. 1500
- Professionals: Rs. 3000
The registration fee must be paid to:
- A/C no: 6314094173
- IFSC: IDIB000S181
- SRM University, SRM Nagar, Potheri, Chennai.
Interested applicants may register through the link provided at the end of the post.
October 26, 2023
The last date for early bird registration is October 28th, 2023
- NH45, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District, Guduvancheri, Tamil Nadu 603203.
- Presentations will be allowed online for outstation participants.
- Mr. Sulok – 91 9497280522
- Mr. Yokesh – 91 9952988069
- Ms. Lakshmi – 91 9496089418
- Ms. Karthiga: +91 9789126288
- Mr. Vikram V: +91 9790962171