Paper submissions are invited for Osmania University Journal of IPR for the Volume 1- Issue 2 for the year 2023. The last date of submission is January 10.
The DPIIT-IPR Chair at Osmania University calls for submissions in the form of Articles, Essays, Comments and Book Reviews from Academicians, Practitioners and Researcher Scholars in the field of IPRs for its flagship Online Journal ‘Osmania University Journal of IPR (OUJIPR)’ Vol.1 | Issue-2 proposed to be published in January, 2024. The aim is to provide a medium for the presentation and proliferation of unique perspectives on current and pressing issues in the IPR domain.
About the Journal
OUJIPR is an open access, biannual online journal. The Patrons of the Journal are the Vice-Chancellor, Osmania University and Justice R. Subhash Reddy, Former Judge of Supreme Court of India. The Advisory Board comprises of senior eminent academicians and practitioners in the domain of IPR from India and also abroad. OUJIPR invites contributions from academicians, practitioners and researchers in the field of Intellectual Property Rights and allied interdisciplinary scholarship.
The papers may be submitted on theme of Startups and Intellectual Property: The Growing Nexus. The sub-themes include:
- Ideation to Commercialization of IP in Startups
- IP Acquisition, IP Portfolio Management and Technology Transfer in Startups
- IP and Startup Culture in India and other Countries: Comparative Study of Legal landscape, Public Policy and Government Schemes
- IP Strategy for Startups and its Significance
- Role of IP in Valuation of Startups and attracting Investment
- Article: 5,000 – 8,000 words
A complete analysis of a certain subject is expected in the Article. It must examine or analyze the
current situation, pointing out the gaps and suggesting viable remedies. The author may adopt a
historical, exploratory, comparative, or multi-disciplinary approach to substantiate the argument.
The articles with empirical research are encouraged.
- Essay: 2,500 – 5,000 words
An essay is comparatively succinct than article, and may put forth the idea and the argument of
author in a briefer manner.
- Book Review: 2,000 – 4,000 words
A book review may contain a detailed description, critical analysis of a book’s quality, meaning, and significance.
- Comment: 1,500 – 3,000 words
Any recent judgement, landmark case, or any current enactment or Bill pending before the
Parliament or a State Legislature may be the theme of a Comment.
All the submissions must contain an Abstract of up to 200 words providing a summary of the contribution and up to 5 Keywords. The word limits are exclusive of abstract, footnotes; and the authors are requested to strictly adhere to it.
- All submissions must be accompanied with a Covering Letter stating the Name, Designation and Affiliation of the author/authors; Contact details of the author including email and phone number; and the Title of the Manuscript. The author/s shall mention their particulars only in the Covering Letter and not in the manuscript of submission.
- The author/s shall submit a Declaration along with the submission stating that the manuscript is
their original work, is in compliance of the research ethics and it is not published/submitted for
consideration in any other publication. The author/s shall also submit a Brief-Bio about themselves
in about 100 words along with their submission.
- Plagiarism in any form shall result in rejection of the submission, and the decision of the Board of
Editors in this matter shall be final.
- The Board of Editors may make changes that are necessary to meet the requirements of space and
format of the Journal.
- The decision on publication of the manuscript would be intimated to the author tentatively within
(30) Thirty days of receipt of the submission.
- The Title of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font, size 14; the Abstract should be in Times New Roman font, size 12 italic style; and the body of manuscript should be in Times New Roman font, size 12 with 1.5 spacing and justified alignment. The footnotes and references should be in Times New Roman font, size 10 with single spacing.
- The submissions shall adhere to The Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), Fourth Edition 2012. The author/s may refer to the OSCOLA Quick Reference Guide for guidance. The citations shall be in the form of footnotes only, and followed by References, if required.
- There shall be no footnote/citation included in the abstract.
- Footnotes should be numbered in sequential order and References, if any, shall be listed in the end of the manuscript in alphabetical order. The Authors are responsible for the accuracy of the footnotes/ references.
- The author/s may include acknowledgments, if any, with an ‘*’ at the beginning of the footnotes.
How to Submit?
All submissions must be made in electronic form in Word format (.doc/.docx) only. The submissions shall be mailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject as ‘OUJIPR Submission’. Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two persons.
Last date for submission of manuscripts is 10-01-2024. Early submissions are encouraged. Submissions made after the deadline would not be considered for the next issue.
Dr. S. B. Md. Irfan Ali Abbas: 9848885394, Mr. B. Nagaraj: 9700802342. For any query e-mail at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.