- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their research doctorate degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by the application deadline and specify their research location.
- Both Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants should be enrolled in U.S. accredited institutions within the United States for the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available for Graduate Women International members to study or research in countries other than their own, with the exclusion of foreign branches of U.S. institutions.
- Fellowship applications can be submitted for any year of the academic program, but a full year of study or research is required; partial-year programs or those ending before April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional, in-person courses at colleges or universities, excluding distance learning or online programs; determinations regarding distance learning eligibility will be made by AAUW.
- AAUW will consider applications from students temporarily studying remotely due to COVID-19 precautions at their institution.
Proof of Highest Degree
- Upload transcripts from the college or university where the highest degree (bachelor’s or higher) was earned on or before the application deadline.
- Transcripts must include a list of courses taken and grades received.
- If the institution doesn’t provide transcripts, or the degree doesn’t require coursework, upload an official letter from the degree-granting institution that includes the degree completion date. Do not upload additional certificates.
Proof of Current Enrollment (For Currently Enrolled Applicants)
- Upload transcripts/lists of courses/institution letters from the college or university where the applicant is currently enrolled.
- Transcripts should include course lists and grades. If the fall 2023 semester grades are unavailable on the transcript, provide a list of courses taken from the institution’s Office of the Registrar.
- If the institution doesn’t provide transcripts, upload an official letter from the degree-granting institution that includes the degree completion date.
Proof of Doctorate or M.F.A. Degree (For Postdoctoral Applicants Only)
- Upload one of the following: a transcript showing the degree and date received, an official letter from the degree-granting institution including the degree completion date, or a copy of the diploma showing the date the degree was received.
Proof of English Proficiency
- Upload an official report of an acceptable and valid TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge assessment score (scores valid for two years). Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores are not accepted.
- Minimum acceptable scores: TOEFL iBT: 79, TOEFL Essentials: 8.5, Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60, IELTS: 6.5, Cambridge Assessment: 176.
- Alternatively, provide a written statement confirming English as the applicant’s native language or academic transcripts/diploma indicating English language proficiency.
- If documents are in a foreign language, a certified English translation with an official signature must be included. All documents must have the applicant’s full name, school’s name, course list, grades, and any other requested information.
- Master’s/first professional degree: ₹14,76,000
- Doctoral: ₹18,45,000
- Postdoctoral: ₹36,90,000
How to Apply?
Begin the application process by clicking here to access the application and create an account on the vendor site. Ensure you complete all mandatory components in the following sections:
When is the deadline for submitting my application, recommendations, and supporting documents?
The deadline for online submission is November 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
When will I be notified about the decisions regarding my application?
Notification of decisions will be emailed to all applicants by April 15, 2024. Please note that requests for earlier notification cannot be accommodated.
What is the fellowship year for successful applicants?
The fellowship year spans from July 1, 2024, to June 30, 2025.
What happens if a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday?
If a deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the observed date will be the following business day.