School of Law, GD Goenka is organzing 6th GD Goenka – CIArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition 2023 on November 6-7, 2023.
About the Organizer
The GD Goenka Group is a leading educational setup driven by a passion for excellence in education and quality of life, where Globalization and Internationalization are the buzzwords. With 26 years of excellence in the field of education, GD Goenka Group has come a long way since its first school in 1994.
The GD Goenka Education City is set on 60 acres with the ancient and picturesque Aravalli hills for a backdrop. The GD Goenka University is guided by the philosophy that new thinking in the areas of teaching, learning, research, and training is pivotal to making students tomorrow’s leaders and giving them a world view.
About the Competition
With an objective to raise the standards of Clinical Legal Education in India, the GD Goenka University, School of Law announces the Sixth Edition of the GD Goenka-CIArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2023, on November 6 & 7, 2023.
- Students duly enrolled and pursuing full-time 5 years or 3 years undergraduate law courses from India or from a foreign university with the law as a major may apply to participate in GD Goenka-CIArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2023.
- Students enrolled and pursuing post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law are not eligible to apply.
- A team shall consist of a maximum of three members that must include two Speakers and one researcher.
- Any team, intending to change the team composition of the team shall inform the Governing Council by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, the change will be allowed at the discretion of the Governing Council.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case of any unforeseen event.
- Prior permission from the organizers of the competition in such cases shall be mandatory. In case the team fails to inform the university, the decision will be final.
- Each team shall register to GD Goenka-CIArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2023 by filing a registration form linked at the end of this post, in the prescribed manner by October 31, 2023.
- On receipt of the duly filled registration form, the institute shall respond to the participating team, acknowledging the receipt.
The registration fee for the competition for National Teams and International Teams is provided below. Registration Fees in any case are non-refundable.
- National Team: 4500 INR
- International Team: 54 USD
- The registration fee for the GD Goenka- CIArb (India) International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2023. is to be paid through NEFT transfer or UPI. No other payment method shall be accepted.
- Any additional charges incurred by the team while making the wire transfer are to be borne by the team.
- Payment Details:
- Name of Beneficiary: G.D. Goenka University
- Name of Bank: HDFC Bank
- Address: Site No. 2, OCF Pocket, Sector – C, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi- 110070, India
- S.B A/c No.: 02731450000270
- RTGS/ IFS Code No.: HDFC0000273
- Fax No.: 0124-3315936
- MICR Code: 110240034
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All teams must upload a scanned copy of the receipt generated on completion of the NEFT transfer or UPI on the Registration Form. The receipt must contain the reference number after the completion of the wire transfer of the registration fees.
Submission of Memorials
- Each registered team shall submit a soft copy in PDF format (.pdf) of the memorials from both sides by submitting them at the link given at the end of this post on or before November 3, 2023 (11:59 PM IST).
- Soft copies of the Memorials shall be submitted via the link and not in the mail, it will not be accepted there.
- The name of the file containing the memorial from the petitioner’s side should be “ICAM- 5XX P” (as the case may be). The name of the file containing the respondent side should be “ICAM- 5XX R”.
- Each registered team shall submit 4 hard copies of the memorial from both sides in a duly spiraled manner at the registration desk on November 6, 2023, before the commencement of the Inaugural session.
- Submissions made after the specified deadline may lead to penalties in the form of deductions from the memorial marks. Every twenty-four (24) hours delay would attract a penalty of ten (10) marks.
- Submissions made after the specified deadline will not be considered for the Best Memorial.
Prizes & Awards
- Winner: 80,000 INR (USD 965) Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificate of Merit
- Runner Up: 40,000 INR (USD 482) Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificate of Merit
- Best Memorial: 20,000 INR (USD 241) Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificate of Appreciation
- Best Speaker (Male): 15,000 INR (USD 181) Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificate of Appreciation
- Best Speaker (Female): 15,000 INR (USD 181) Cash Prize/Trophy/Certificate of Appreciation
- Hard Copy Certificates for participation will be given to all the participants during the valedictory ceremony.
- Certificates for Quarter-Finalists, Semi-Finalists, Runners-up, Winners, and Best Speakers will also be provided during the valedictory ceremony.
- Registration Closing Date: October 31, 2023
- Last Date for Clarification: November 1, 2023
- Submission of Memorial (Soft Copy): November 3, 2023
- Submission of Memorial (Hard copy): November 6, 2023
- Date of Event: November 6-7, 2023
Shri. Gopi Ram Goenka Moot Court Hall, A Block, School of Law, GD Goenka University, Gurugram, Haryana, 122103.
Regarding the rules of the competition or any other queries, send your queries to email@example.com with the subject line “Competition Problem-Queries”. You can also contact any of the following members of the Organizing Committee between 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (IST).
- Ms. Priyanka Nair (Faculty Convenor, Moot Court Committee): +91 7011131651
- Mr. Anurag Singh (Student Convenor, Moot Court Committee): +919580825401
- Ms. Gayatri Bhatia (Student Convenor, Moot Court Committee): +91 9773952002
- Mr. Arman Patel (Student Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee): +919871197320
- Ms. Isha Singh (Student Co-Convenor, Moot Court Committee): +918789216015
Social Media Platforms
Please follow GD Goenka School of Law on various social media platforms: