JC College of Law, Guntur is organising 3rd National Moot Court Competition on 2-4 February 2024. The last date of registration is December 12.
About the College
Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law is named after Sri Jagarlamudi Chandramouli, Advocate, former Member of Rajya Sabha, former Member of AP State Legislative Assembly, Educationalist and Philanthropist.
The College is sponsored by Nagarjuna Education Society, Guntur (Regd. No. 56 of 1967) and was inaugurated on 22-06-1991 by Hon’ble Justice (Retd.) S. Parvatha Rao the then Judge of High Court of A.P. and is affiliated to the Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), having permission of Andhra Pradesh State Government and approval of affiliation of Bar Council of India (BCI).
About the Competition
The College gives top priority to classroom teaching. Apart from this the programmes with student participation like debates, internal moot court competition etc. are conducted. Sports and Cultural activities are also encouraged and given preference.
After successfully conducting the 1st National Moot Court Competition in the month of February, 2020 and 2nd National Moot Court Competition in the month of February, 2023 the Management this year is very happy to add up one more to the list – The 3rd National Moot Court Competition on 2nd and 3rd of February, 2024.
Moot Court is going to be developed into a key extracurricular activity in Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law, as the College feels that mooting helps the law students the best. The College deems it as a right path to reach out to the future needs of legal aspirants and to recognize their talent and help them improve their skills of drafting and mooting. Therefore, here stands the J.C. College of Law conducting, it’s Third National Moot Court Competition.
The Competition shall be open to bona fide students pursuing 3 years LL.B. Course or integrated 5-year LL.B. Course offered by a Law School/Affiliated Law College/University Department/ Center of Legal Education recognized by Bar Council of India.
Each participating team shall consist of three members i.e. Two Mooters and One Researcher. Due to an exigency the Organizing College may allow a two member team to participate in the Competition.
Only 32 teams shall be registered for the Competition on ‘first come first serve’ basis. The Organizing College shall reserve the right of registration. It may invite to the competition a School/ College/ Department/ Centre that is not registered.
Teams from each participated institution are required to fill in the Google Form at the end of the post.
Teams shall register for the competition on or before 23:59 Hours December 12th, 2023.
The registration fee of Rs. 1,500/- (One thousand Five hundred only) must be paid through NEFT or RTGS payment mode.
The following are the details of the bank account for payment of the registration fee-
Name: Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law, Guntur
Account No: 110810011001014
IFSC Code: UBIN0811084
Bank Address: Union Bank of India, JKC College Branch, Guntur.
Teams from each participated institution are required to fill in the Registration and Payments Forms after Preliminary Registration at the end of the post.
- Release of Moot Preposition: November 1st, 2023
- Commencement of Registration: November 6th , 2023
- Closure of Registration: December 12th, 2023
- Allotment of Team Codes: January 3rd , 2024
- Last date for submission of Soft Copy of Memorials: January 6th, 2024
- Last date for filing of Hard Copies of Memorials: January 15th, 2024
- Exchange of Memorials for Preliminary Rounds: February 1st, 2024
- Preliminary Rounds and Researcher Test: February 2nd, 2024
- Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final Rounds: February 3rd, 2024
- Valedictory Ceremony and Prize Distribution: February 3rd, 2024
- The Winning Team shall be awarded Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law President’s Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 25,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Runner-Up Team shall be awarded Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Secretary’s Trophy, Cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Best Memorial shall be awarded with Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Principal’s Trophy, Cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- The Best Speaker shall get Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Staff Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit. Best Speaker shall be solely evaluated on the bases of performance in Preliminary rounds.
- The Winner of the Research Test shall be awarded Jagarlamudi Chandramouli College of Law Alumni Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 and Certificate of Appreciation of Merit.
- All the members of the teams that entered into Quarter Final and Semi Final shall be awarded Certificates of Appreciation of Merit.
- All the members of the other participating teams shall be awarded Certificates of Participation.
E-mail Id: email@example.com.