WeWork is hiring for the role of Lead Counsel to join its office in Bengaluru.
WeWork India is run by the Indian real estate conglomerate, Embassy Group, and commenced operations in 2017. Currently, it has over 62,000 members and 43 locations and six cities in India – Bengaluru, Mumbai, Gurugram, Noida, Hyderabad, and Pune.
WeWork India is the country’s leading flexible workspace provider that offers a personalized experience to different types of professionals with varied needs through its innovative and customized offerings.
About the Opportunity
The role of the Lead Counsel falls under the purview of the Legal Team at WeWork India. The key features of the stated role will be to work closely with internal and external stakeholders with whom WeWork would partner for business. This is a generalist role with all matters relating to contract management, litigation, corporate governance, real estate, and regulation.
Roles & Responsibillities
- Contract Management – Proficiency in Contract drafting/ vetting including drafting MOUs/ LOIs, NDAs, Lease Deeds, etc., and other agreements with a focus on Real Estate
- Real Estate – Overseeing Due Diligences, Risk Mitigation, and final closure of all lease and real estate-related documentation during client calls
- Litigation Management – Coordination and strategizing with external counsels and internal business departments for litigation matters, maintaining trackers and reporting the same to APAC Legal. Drafting legal notices and responses for and on behalf of the Company. Work with the stakeholders and the external legal counsel on managing litigation and ensuring minimum adverse orders against the company
- Corporate Governance – Work with the Finance Department, external counsels, company secretaries, auditors, etc. for corporate governance, secretarial work, etc
- Research/ Regulatory – Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives. Industry-specific monthly legal updates
- Coordination with different business verticals/ departments, support functions, operations teams, and site teams for the purposes of ensuring our representation before quasi-judicial; judicial and regulatory authorities in the manner as directed or required, with emphasis on real estate and product. This will also include coordination with different business functions for the purposes of replying to claims against the Company
- Work with the real estate and product team closely on lease deeds, due diligences, landlord communication and issues, compliances, etc
- Conduct presentations & seminars in coordination with seniors. to educate the company’s businesses and functions in India on various topics as & when required.
- Law degree from an accredited university
- 4-6 years post-qualification experience in commercial real estate obtained either in a corporate/MNC in-house position or in a Law Firm. Experience in an in-house law department of a multinational corporation, while not essential, is desirable
- Up-to-date knowledge of laws relating to the contracts, real estate laws, supply of services, company laws
- Vendor Management and litigation management experience
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in the legal and regulatory environment, the market, or the Company strategy
- The individual will be a highly collaborative individual with strong business acumen, leadership skills, and boardroom savvy, who is willing to speak their mind
- This individual will need to be proactive and complimented by a high degree of personal motivation and competitive drive. It is critical that this individual possess a high degree of energy to support a very vibrant and achievement-oriented team.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.