About the institution
Approaching the legacy of one hundred and fifty years, the Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram is one of the pioneer institutions imparting legal education in India. We aspire to establish the institute as the torchbearer in the field of legal education in the country. A temple of learning where one understands the delicate balance of law.
The institution is bestowed with well established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) which aims towards internalization and institutionalsation of quality enhanced initiatives. It is a facilitating and participative organ of the institution endowed with the potential to become a harbinger for assuring in quality enhancement.
About the Seminar
Differently-abled persons encounter barriers due to a lack of access to justice; minimal participation in political and public life; discriminatory attitudes toward sexual health, reproductive rights and the right to family life, lack of birth registration; and lack of access to an inclusive and quality education in their own language, and encounter the effects of increasing risks and vulnerability that climate change is creating.
Consequently, a system-wide reform is required to strengthen national and International policies and legal systems to ensure that all differently-abled persons can access justice through quality education, employment, and disaster risk reduction programs. It is also pertinent to warrant that these policies do not exacerbate discrimination, but rather promote access to mainstream and inclusive programs.
This International Seminar is an effort to consolidate various schemes and strategies to put forth a uniform policy globally, to foster inclusivity thereby empowering people with disability. There is a need to promote and ensure active social participation of the disabled in nation-building and global inclusivity.
- Constitutionalization of Disability Rights
- Affirmative Actions for People with Disabilities- Social, Economic, Legal & Judicial Perspectives
- Equity & Inclusivity in Healthcare for People with Disabilities
- Violence & abuse against People with Disabilities
- Challenges in Implementing Disability Laws
- Criminal Justice System & Disabled Persons
- Technological advancements & accessibility
- Family & Reproductive rights of Disabled persons
- Transformative power of Sports in the lives of Individuals with Disabilities
- Submission of Abstract: 4th January, 2024
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 5th January, 2024
- Submission of Full Paper: 10th January, 2024
- Communication of Full Paper Acceptance: 12th January, 2024
- Inauguration: 17th January 2024
- Panel Discussion: 18th January 2024
- Paper Presentation: 19th January 2024
- The participants shall submit their abstract on or before 4th January 2024 (11: 59 PM IST) through email at- firstname.lastname@example.org
- The abstract should carry about 250 – 300 words including 3 – 5 keywords.
- The abstract Geshould include personal details of the author(s): Title of the paper, Name of author(s) with designation, Name of institution, Contact number, Email address.
Full Paper Guidelines
- The manuscript shall not exceed the word limit of 3000 words including footnotes.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font with 1.5 line spacing.
- The footnotes shall be typed in Times New Roman 10-point font with 1-line spacing.
- Footnoting should be done according to Bluebook 21st Edition.
- Co-authorship of up to 2 persons is permitted.
- All submitted articles will be double-blind peer-reviewed.
- Acceptance of articles is subject to recommendation by the review panel and subsequent acceptance by the editor. Any Plagiarised work shall be rejected.
- Plagiarism upto 10% is permitted
How to Register?
Interested candidates can register via the link given at the end of the post.
Rs.500 for Students and Rs.750 for Faculty
- Research papers are invited from all walks of socio-legal fraternity including academicians, researchers, students, advocates etc.
- All the registered participants will be provided with a Participation Certificate.
- The conference will be conducted in hybrid mode.
- No in-absentia presentations will be allowed. At least one author must be present for the presentation.
- All selected papers will get an opportunity to get published in ISBN recognized journal.
- Dr Meenakumary S – 9495385445
- Dr. Hameema M – 9847878428